Electronic Medical Record (EMR): The hospital currently uses an Allscripts EMR which has been customized to meet the needs of our pediatric population. The system has electronic notes, computerized order entry, and integrated electronic sign out. The EMR is accessible throughout the campus and provides remote entry for all residents through Citrix. EPIC coming June 2018!
Communication: Every resident receives an iPhone to serve as their pager throughout residency, access online applications quickly, and speak with consulting services on the go!
Computer availability: Over 300 computers are available for resident use on the floors, in the newly renovated Residents’ Lounge and in the hospital library. This also includes computers on wheels (COWs) and laptops for bedside order entry and note writing.
House Staff Information Drive: This is a drive with information pertaining to anything and everything in the hospital. It contains information about each rotation, relevant journal articles, and content from every lecture given to the residents.
Online Board Review: There are tons of opportunities for prepare for the boards listed below:
- Daily PREP question email
- Weekly senior noon conference board review led by subspecialty fellows
- Free Pedialink access to PREP questions
- 15 years of past PREP questions in the Chief’s office
General Administrative Systems:
- New Innovation provides residents the ability to access to goals and expectations, log duty hours, complete surveys, and receive rotation feedback
- AmIOn provides residents the ability to view their scheduling along with all other pediatric residents’ schedules
- ACGME procedure logs are used to track continuity patients and procedures throughout residency improving ease of credentialing after graduation