Ambulatory Medicine | Referrals
The information on this page is provided to referring physicians in order to facilitate referrals to our pediatric specialists. Parents might wish to read our information for parents and what to expect on your visit pages, and perhaps find out more about our office locations (including directions, maps, and lodging information for each location).
In order to provide physicians with quick and easy access our specialists, we have a toll free physician referral line: (800) 678-4357. This line might be especially useful if you are unclear which service or person to contact, if you are unable to reach the divisional office, or if your call is long distance. In addition, each division has a physician number (see the complete list) where you can reach us quickly. When you call these numbers, expect:
- Direct access to an attending physician.
- Non-urgent patient appointment within 3 weeks.
- Urgent consultation within 48 hours.
- A detailed written report within seven days.
- Results of laboratory and other diagnostic tests reported to you and to the family within two days.
Physicians referring patients to our specialists should also consult our checklist for referrals.